ABC/123 Version X
|Preparation for Learning Team Assignments Worksheet
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.
BSHS/305 Version 4
University of Phoenix Material
Preparation for Learning Team Assignments Worksheet
The ability to work collaboratively with others is a critical skill in the human services field. Learning Team assignments will help you prepare for this challenge by requiring effective communication, timely management of tasks and deadlines, and cooperative problem solving. Keep in mind that your task is not simply to complete an academic assignment, but also to demonstrate the ability to collaborate effectively with others.
Note. Grades on team assignments take your participation in the team process into account.
Review the typical schedule for successful teamwork in BSHS/305, as shown below.
1. Each team member checks the team assignment in the syllabus by day 1 (Tuesday). Questions and suggestions for organizing the assignment are posted in the discussion area under the assignment.
2. Team members complete the readings relevant to the assignment early in the week so they can contribute meaningful ideas to the team discussion.
3. Team members complete assigned tasks and post their work in the discussion area for review no later than day 4 (Friday night).
4. Team members read and comment on each other’s work no later than the end of day 5 (Saturday). Comments can include questions if information is unclear or incomplete, suggestions for changes if needed, and approval if the information is ready to be included in the final assignment. There must be evidence of true collaboration in this step. Do not consider your work finished when you post your own ideas or portion of the assignment.
5. The team leader compiles all contributions into a single assignment and posts it for the team’s review no later than mid-day on day 6 (Sunday) to allow time for all team members to review it before submission on Monday.
6. All team members review and approve the final assignment. This is the time to proofread carefully to correct any spelling or grammar errors, check APA formatting as needed, and verify that all assignment requirements are met. Each team member posts a comment to indicate that he or she has completed this step no later than mid-day on day 7 (Monday).
Respond to each of the following questions with a minimum of 50-words each. Give each question careful thought. Use writing skills that would be expected in a professional work environment—write in complete sentences with correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
1. Notice that teamwork requires frequent communication inside and outside of the classroom throughout each week. You will be expected to devote a minimum of 4 hours per week (in Weeks 2–5) on team communications and assignments. Failing to stay in communication, contribute to all steps, and meet team deadlines creates stress and conflict among team members and has a negative effect on grades. In the space below, discuss your readiness to meet the requirements for frequent team involvement.
2. What strengths do you believe you will bring to your Learning Team? (Consider academic skills, communication skills, flexibility, leadership ability, and interpersonal skills.) How will you exercise these strengths to meet team goals?
3. What questions or concerns do you have about working in a team? If you have had previous Learning Team experience, what did you find worked well to meet team goals? What problems, if any, did you encounter?
4. As a future human services professional, you will be dealing with people in stressful circumstances. Some important skills in this field include the ability to effectively manage your own stress level and to remain professional while resolving problems or conflict. How do you normally respond to conflict or frustration? How will you respond if a teammate is not meeting your expectations? What ideas and tips from the Learning Team Handbook (linked in student materials for this assignment) can you use?
Preparation for Learning Team Assignments Rubric:
|Responses are thorough and communicate careful reflection on the questions.||4||4|
|Mechanics: College-level writing is used. Sentences are clear, complete, and concise. Spelling, punctuation, and grammar are correct.||1||1|
Copyright © XXXX by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2015 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.